The Negotiation Experts (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR after it became EU law on 25 May 2018.
The Negotiation Experts will:
- Process personal data fairly and lawfully.
- Process personal data only where this is strictly necessary for legal and regulatory purposes, or legitimate organizational purposes.
- Ensure that personal data is only used for the purposes that it was originally obtained, or for other compatible purposes.
- Ensure that personal data is relevant and not excessive concerning the purposes for which it is processed.
- Ensure that personal data is accurate and, where necessary and practical, kept up to date.
- Ensure that personal data is only retained for the period required to meet the organization’s reasonable requirements.
- Provide clear information to natural persons about how their personal data will be used and by whom.
- Ensure that personal data is processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects:
- access to personal data
- right to erasure
- right to restriction of processing of personal data
- objecting to adverse automatic decisions
- compensation for breaches of statutory obligations
- right to data portability.
- Adopt appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data, and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Ensure that personal data is only transferred outside the European Economic Area to countries that ensure an adequate level of protection.
Information we may collect from you
Upon registering for our products or services, we may receive and process the following data about you, specifically your:
- full name
- email address
- telephone number
- job title
- other information about your job role e.g. department or function
- video footage of the recording of our online facilitator-led classes
How we use your data
We use the data we collect solely to provide the services for which we are contracted to provide for any given client. This includes:
- to provide you with a personalized training experience
- to collect and record payment
- website analytics data used to evaluate and improve the performance of our sites
- to provide you with the negotiation simulation game experience
- to notify you about changes to our service that may affect you
- to contact you to provide updates relating to your scheduled course
- video recording of our online facilitator-led training courses
- video recordings of the group negotiation sessions from our classroom-delivered courses
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Physical venues where we hold our classroom training events so that we can meet our contractual obligations to you.
- Negotiation Experts or consultants we engage to provide our services.
- Administrative and technical staff on our team.
We do not:
- Send you marketing emails unless you have opted in to receive such communications from us.
- Sell your data to any third party.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for improvements affecting our negotiation simulation game, and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Legal bases for processing
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal basis depends on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you with our services, provide customer support and personalized features, and protect the safety and security of our services.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored in data centers located in Canada.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to responsible people from your company who request it unless we have made a written promise to keep your responses to our questions confidential. In this case, you will be contacted first to seek your permission.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our license and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Negotiation Experts, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In the event of any of the above, we will make all reasonable efforts to notify all individuals concerned.
From 25 May 2018, a regulation (GDPR) written into EU and UK law and the Data Protection Bill, requires us to gain your explicit consent to receive marketing communications from us. When registering on any of our sites, you will be asked if you would like to opt-in to our marketing communications. We do not send any marketing communication to people who do not opt in.
Under data protection regulation, data subjects have a number of specific rights over the personal data which relates to them when held by or on behalf of The Negotiation Experts and its subsidiaries. This includes data held by both data processors and data controllers.
The Subject Access Request (SAR) process exists to enable data subjects to exercise their rights in a timely and informed manner. To submit such a request, use the form on our Contact Us page.
Where we are using your information because we or a third party (typically your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
This privacy statement was last updated on 16 July 2022.