The Negotiation Experts offer a Refund Policy that is fair and equitable.
This policy is only applicable to our public courses, whether online facilitator-led or classroom-based.
Refunds will typically be issued via the original method of payment.
If a participant wishes to cancel or change their enrollment, The Negotiation Experts, as a measure of goodwill, will accept the request under the following conditions. Please note, that participants may only take up one of these options.
Participants wishing to cancel their enrolment must submit a notification of withdrawal in writing. To apply for a cancellation, the participant must either reply to our booking confirmation email or complete our website’s contact page form.
If no response is received from The Negotiation Experts to the participant’s cancellation email or contact form message, we recommend that the participant should use the alternative method to contact The Negotiation Experts within 2 working days of sending the first written notice of cancellation. Together with their request, the participant should also ask for a written confirmation of receipt from The Negotiation Experts. Please be advised that The Negotiation Experts accept no responsibility for and will not be liable for non-receipt of messages or transmissions.
The Negotiation Experts will use the following conditions to determine the validity and amount of the refund:
- A full refund will automatically be granted in the event that a participant applies for a refund 30 or more days prior to the course commencement.
- A 50% refund will be granted in the event that a participant applies for a refund where there are 14 to 30 days prior to the course commencement.
- A full refund will automatically be granted in the event that a participant applies for a refund within 7 calendar days of making their booking, provided the course commencement date is 14 days or more from the cancellation date.
- No refund will be granted for cancellations received within 14 calendar days from the course commencement.
- Level 1 and Level 2 are foundational and mandatory. Participants who miss either level will not be permitted to continue the training, and no refund will be provided.
- Participants are permitted to miss no more than one non-mandatory level, provided prior written notice is emailed to the Negotiation Expert facilitating the course. The participant will be required to watch the video recording of the missed level before the subsequent level, and also to negotiate the sim game from the missed level with a fellow participant from the class. In the instance that one non-mandatory level has been missed, and either the video recording hasn’t been watched prior to the next level, or the missed sim game negotiation hasn’t been completed prior to the next level, the participant will not be eligible to graduate – so no graduation certificate will be issued. The Negotiation Expert delivering the class will exercise their discretion in deciding whether the participant will be permitted to continue to subsequent levels.
Participants may transfer their course booking to a future course without any additional fees being incurred, provided written notification is received 14 or more calendar days prior to the course commencement. For course transfer requests made within 14 calendar days from the commencement of the course, The Negotiation Experts will, at their discretion, form a decision on a case-by-case basis.
Participants wishing to transfer their enrolment must submit a notification of withdrawal in writing. To apply for a course transfer, the participant must either reply to our booking confirmation email or complete our website’s contact page form.
No additional fees will be charged in the event that the course fee for the later date course is higher. Additionally, no refund will be issued for any difference in course fees in the event that the participant downgrades their booking to a different course that has a lower fee.
In the event that The Negotiation Experts grant a transfer request, confirmation in writing will be sent to the participant.
Participants may find a substitute to take their place on a course provided written contact is provided 14 or more calendar days from the course commencement.
Participants wishing to give their enrolment to a substitute must submit a notification in writing. To apply, the participant must either reply to our booking confirmation email or complete our website’s contact page form. The participant must provide their substitute’s full name, email, and contact phone number.
Please note, that changes in your circumstances are not the responsibility of The Negotiation Experts.