About this Course
We negotiate every day with colleagues, clients, suppliers, your new job, home or car. Isn't it time to be armed with the preparation tools and skills the pros use to get more of what you want? Graduates of our Negotiation Cornerstones from around the world report big improvements in their negotiations immediately after the course.
Whether you're needing to do persuade colleagues or externally, you'll notice greater confidence and competence to do dramatically better deals. Your recognition will earn you more respect and greater responsibility.
On our public courses expect to be paired with participants from other industries, departments and countries. For our public courses, we typically combine with our Procurement Negotiation Training and Procurement Negotiation Training. This means you can look forward to learning from negotiating with professional negotiators. You'll navigate your way through various role play exercises, some delivered using our cutting-edge Negotiation Sim.
For our in-house training, we work shoulder to shoulder with clients customising solutions. Delivery typically takes place in clients' offices. Tailoring typically includes customisation of case studies, choosing modules and the depth of coverage, role play choices from our library and profiles. Want to know more? Check out our in-house training customizer.
- Win more 'yeses' by persuading and influencing, without needing to make margin bleeding concessions.
- Understanding the wants and needs of colleagues and counterparts better, enabling you to create more value.
- Navigating challenging deals, relying upon our tool-sets to prepare and negotiate.
- Expand the deal's value while claiming your share using our Trading Plan tool-set.
- Learn how to review your negotiations to draw out empowering lessons.
- Getting more of the prices you want, whether increases or discounts.
- Controlling your meetings using your agenda and more.
- Identifying your preferred negotiation styles, knowing how to shift style, especially between collaboration and competition. Handling tough competitive negotiators.
- Identify your preferred negotiation styles from your Negotiation Styles profile report.
- Navigating your way through confrontational objections with confidence.
- Stop falling for manipulative tactics, comfortably neutralizing their tactics while preserving your relationship.
- Understanding your negotiation power and how to boost your power.
- Earn insightful feedback coaching from a Negotiation Expert, while watching your performance and notice your body language give-aways on the big split screen (classroom delivery only).
- Boosting your margins by claiming most of the value you've created.
- Start learning how to negotiate in a team, including lead negotiator.
- Earn the knowledge and control you need by asking the right questions in the optimal sequence.
- Banish stress to feel confident about your effective preparation and newfound skills.
- Build your credibility and reputation in all meetings.
Why do we have such a strong bias towards the practical, sharing only a minimum of theory? Over the years we've noticed that behaviour is far more likely to change from learners 'doing'. Trust in and mastery over our negotiation tool-sets stems from achieving great results in action. So you'll spend most of your time negotiating your way through challenging role plays and then reviewing your negotiations.
Our delivery style is highly interactive and entertaining, keeping energy levels high. Some modules are introduced with a role play and unpacked in the feedback which follows, while more complex negotiation modules are briefed first followed by a role play. Feedback is provided via a number of methods, including: group discussions, point scoring, and video analysis (classroom delivery). The focus our our feedback changes depend on which module is being taught. Each module builds upon those you've already learned. Feedback can be right brained such as persuasion techniques, or left brained such as tool-sets.
Contract negotiation role plays steadily build steadily in complexity, from single negotiators to team based buyer negotiations.
Who's This For?
Graduates of this course have come from all departments and with many job titles. This foundational negotiation training will arm you with the vital skills, tool-sets, experience and confidence necessary to achieve outstanding results in both internal and external negotiations.
- Introduction & Objectives
- Price Negotiation Role Play
- Core Concepts Debrief
- Negotiation Styles Role Play
- Negotiation Styles Profile Reports
- Competition vs. Collaboration
- Persuasion: Compliance
- Role Play Exercise & Debrief
- Daily Recap
- SWOT, Trading Plan & Agenda Control
- Role Play - Point Scored Sim
- Re-framing Objections & Exercise
- Manipulative Tactics & Role Play
- Complex Team Based Role Play
- Feedback: Split Screen Video or Sim Graphs
- Daily Recap
- Online, no matter where you or your team are located. Either public access or tailored for in-house.
- In your office, with a Negotiation Expert facilitating.