Questions & AnswersQuestions & Answers
Effective Negotiation Techniques
In 200 words or less what are the most important techniques for effective negotiations?"
Negotiation Sim Role Play
World first highly practical gamified online Negotiation...
"The M&A role play sim that was created for us was the most instructive. I gained a..."
Two day foundation negotiation skills. Build confidence ...
"This is one of the best courses that I have attended. The attendees inside and outside..."
Your answer should be in line with the goals that management should aim for in developing any company-wide strategy or vision. Every negotiator should take responsibility in developing his or her own tool-kit of effective negotiation skills techniques.
- Aligns negotiation goals (strategy) with organisational goals (strategy),
- Prepares thoroughly and uses each negotiating phase to prepare techniques further,
- Uses negotiation meeting to discover and identify other sides interests, beliefs, values, BATNA and learn more about the issues at stake,
- Proactively approaches a problem, developing opportunities to create additional value,
- Can separate personal issues from negotiating issues,
- Can recognise and overcome potential barriers to agreement,
- Creates trust and credibility,
- Uses power only to educate.
It is worthwhile to consider that effective negotiation doesn't always mean closing a deal. Sometimes walking away from the table is much wiser than trying to reach an agreement by any means. By taking a structured approach to the negotiating process, and implementing established operational actions, effective negotiation substantially increases the probability of acquiring bottom line gains, as well as fostering a productive relationship with other negotiators.
Of course we would welcome the opportunity to work together to share our most effective negotiation training skills and techniques.