Questions & AnswersQuestions & Answers
Effective Negotiation Techniques
QuestionIn 200 words or less what are the most important techniques for effective negotiations?"
Negotiation Sim Role Play
World first highly practical gamified online Negotiation...
"This is one of the best courses that I have attended. The attendees inside and outside..."
Advanced Negotiation Training
In-depth personalised expert video feedback. Negotiate c...
"Video review and role plays were great. Exciting, new and existing ways of growing bu..."
Your answer should be in line with the goals that management should aim for in developing any company-wide strategy or vision. Every negotiator should take responsibility in developing his or her own tool-kit of effective negotiation skills techniques.
- Aligns negotiation goals (strategy) with organisational goals (strategy),
- Prepares thoroughly and uses each negotiating phase to prepare techniques further,
- Uses negotiation meeting to discover and identify other sides interests, beliefs, values, BATNA and learn more about the issues at stake,
- Proactively approaches a problem, developing opportunities to create additional value,
- Can separate personal issues from negotiating issues,
- Can recognise and overcome potential barriers to agreement,
- Creates trust and credibility,
- Uses power only to educate.
It is worthwhile to consider that effective negotiation doesn't always mean closing a deal. Sometimes walking away from the table is much wiser than trying to reach an agreement by any means. By taking a structured approach to the negotiating process, and implementing established operational actions, effective negotiation substantially increases the probability of acquiring bottom line gains, as well as fostering a productive relationship with other negotiators.
Of course we would welcome the opportunity to work together to share our most effective negotiation training skills and techniques.